SmartPhones = Communication & Organization
Written by Jess
Tuesday, 09 August 2011 19:35
Smartphones change how you do business. Make them increase your bottom line – there are at least 4 major business functions that Smartphones can streamline. Here are the first two!
- Surprisingly enough, a Smartphone still drags along the 19th century capability of holding a conversation with someone else who is somewhere else.
- Email is one of the heavy hitters on Smartphones, configuration is relatively pain-free. Just ask a teenager. Mostly I use this to respond to what is both Urgent AND Important, leave the rest for your regular computer.
- Text and Chat enjoy a somewhat blurry co-existence but both allow discreet and immediate communication.
- Many Smartphones come with the ability to translate voice into text so you needn’t have such nimble fingers.
- Hey, the Internet is right there. Research anything at the tip of a finger. No need to pull out a bulky laptop.
- Back to eMail for a sec. We assume you have a “question” section on your website. Potential customers assume there’s a person in your company just waiting to respond to a question. Have those sent to your phone and you can present a much more “big company” image by answering quickly.
- Your calendar is right there, and the Smartphone is reminding you of what’s next.
- Your contacts are right there, email and phone.
- Document managing apps let you take important spreadsheets, presentations and contracts, invoices and work orders “to go”. And they can often be printed in the field or onsite.
- You can even take signatures right on your phone.
- Dictate notes to your Smartphone, record spontaneous totally awesome ideas so they don’t fade away as the next shiny object grabs your attention.
More to follow this week!